- Upon return to Bloodcove the group finds another member of the expedition has been discovered and brought to the Adir Hathren
- Tian monk slave by the name of Tao-Lung Naranbaatar
- Specializes in scouting.
- After resupplying the group sets off for Totem Rock to follow up on a rumor furnished by Adir Hathren
- Investigate strange lights at Totem Rock
- Journey of 30 miles. Takes all day by foot.
- During the course of the trip the group encounters a den of cockatrices and manages to slay the male and all of the females.
- Arriving at Totem Rock the group investigates the area in time to witness the rock begin glowing and humming.
- Diligent investigation of the area uncovers several discoveries including a tunnel at the base of the cliff.
- Exploring the tunnel leads to an underground cavern where the spire of rock seems to continue from the ceiling downward to the floor.
- Vanek guards the rear while the rest of the party descends to explore.
- An older woman, naked and scared, is discovered in an alcove filled with seaweed and bones. The remains of a small fire still glow faintly.
- The woman states she was kidnapped from a nearby farm with her parents who have already been eaten by the monsters.
- Brenya Thunderhorn watches over the woman as the rest of the team continues to investigate.
- A large pile of rubble obscures one corner of the cavern while 3 copper pipes are discovered embedded in the cavern floor and running from the base of the spire East, West, and South.
- Brenya Thunderhorn leaves the woman at the base of the slope to get help pulling her up to safety with Vanek.
- Suddenly everyone hears a loud yell, the sounds of a scuffle, and then silence. Running to investigate it is discovered that Vanek is gone as is the old woman. A small pool of blood is all that remains on the ledge overlooking the cavern.
- Diligent searching of the surrounding water and immediate vicinity of Totem Rock turns up nothing. The group decides to return to the cave and continue their investigation their.
The Ruins of Mwangi
Adventure Log Four: Down by the sea